- Only eat when you're hungry. I have a pretty small appetite.. generally restaurants have huge servings, so I have no problem with using the doggie bag a lot. I find that once I'm no longer hungry, I eat much, MUCH slower, and suddenly every bite is a huge struggle. At that point, it's just not worth eating any more.. better to save it for later, when I'm hungry again.
- Drink plenty of water. It's good for you, and it makes you less hungry. Don't go crazy on the water, but well a few glasses throughout the day.. unless you're of course trapped on the highway, walking through a rich neighborhood or anywhere else where you'll have a hard time finding a place to pee.
- Exercise. I like to take plenty of walks throughout the week. The best time for some cardio is right when you wake up.. it makes your whole day so much better. Plus you'll be hungrier, and you'll get to eat more, yay! You'll have air in your blood, and your metabolism will be higher.
- Try some fruits and vegetables. They are our friends! Give them a shot! Just a few at first.. maybe more later!
- Go easy on sweets and fats. Treat yourself, but don't go crazy. Like, you could have a slice of triple choco molten lava death cake, but then maybe don't follow it up with a milk shake. Sweets should be something really special, so if you have them all the time, then you're just eating them and not enjoying them.
So that's the gist of it. Eating should be a celebration. Something you do to enjoy and love. Variety of food groups, healthy food.. don't just eat for the sake of eating-- it's good to eat throughout the day in small portions, as long as you're eating healthy things (like don't snack on cookies or candy but try veggies or fruits)-- so that way you're never crazily starving and gorge yourself.
I'm definitely not perfect or anything, but sometimes I think people want to make changes in their life-- they're just not sure where to start, and it can seem like a huge deal when its not. word--